Friday, January 19, 2007
QR Chapter 2
The quote that stood out to me in chapter two was one made by the student Lauraliz. She states “The teacher should fill out the same questionnaire and share his answers with the students. Let them laugh at him a little. There’s nothing like laughing at a teacher.” This quote reiterates one of the beliefs that I have held about teaching ever since I wanted to become a teacher. That belief is that, although a teacher must be strict at times and also assert their authority; that does not mean that a teacher should not from time to time have fun with their class and joke around with their students. I believe that I will not be able to make it through the day being very serious and strict in the classroom when I am a teacher, I will need to make jokes (although they will most likely be boring historical puns) and allow my students to have fun while learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
go for the boring historical puns. they can learn to laugh AND learn history. it will be good for them. :-)
dr.theresa
Post a Comment